Sunday, August 30, 2009

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting ..

Enemies beware as, tonight, the team entered the inner sanctum of Daoist martial arts. Our Kung Fu training taught me how to minimize damage from any force that hits me, prevent pain and even defend myself when backed into a corner. As if that was not impressive enough, I learned how to stand with the force of 100 people pushing me and not even budge. I can't wait to demonstrate this seemingly ancient and mysterious feat to my friends!

Our Shifu (Kung Fu master) has traveled down from misty mountain tops and through the bamboo-thick base of the Himalayas to share his precious wisdom with eager and uncoordinated students like us. His name is Andy from Oregon. After our first training session, I am happy to announce that the team made it out of class with some amount of dignity in tact and without breaking any bones. While we now have better tools for maintaining a peaceful existence, I have a feeling that each one of us will think twice about sneaking up on the other in the dark.

Xie xie, Andy!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, Tamara. We want a demonstration when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grasshopper snatch the pebble from my hand..when you can do this,
    only then can you leave China..did I mention stand only on one foot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the pebble! Go for the chopsticks! They'll poke an eye out! And by the way, if you ever decide to change careers, I hear the Aggies are looking for a Kung Fu linebacker! Gig 'Em! (Explain that in Chinese!)Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete