Tuesday, June 2, 2009

China bound!

After receiving the notice of selection to IBM Corporate Service Corps, my assignment has just come through and I have accepted!. I have been assigned to China with a departure date of August 2oth. I will be based in Sichuan Province for one month. My team, "China 3", consists of 10 people. We are men and women ranging in tenure from 2 to 13 years and represent 8 countries: Canada, France, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Singapore and the US. Our team has experience in consulting, finance, IT architecture, project management, sales and marketing.

Friends and colleagues that know me well, know how positively ecstatic I am to receive this assignment. It was only two years ago that I explored Shanghai and beyond -- and deliberated over pursuing a two-year work assignment in IBM Asia Pacific offices. For the past four years and currently, I am enriched in the role I play as global marketing program manger and liaison to Japan and Asia Pacific regions. I have a special place in my heart for Asia. And, China has had great personal meaning for me for many, many years. This is a huge honor for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy for you. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity, and I look forward to blog reports.

    ReplyDelete